Geotex Engineering is looking for an experienced full-time Construction Materials Engineering Testing (CMT) Technician for our location in the Denison – Sherman area. We provide continuous training and certifications for all field technicians, as well as $1,000 in retention bonuses for the first year of service. CMT Field Technicians observe and test construction materials and report their findings to ensure that projects are completed according to the design Engineer’s plans and specifications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform observation and testing of construction materials such as soils, concrete, asphalt, rebar and others
- Complete daily reports and report findings
- Professional communication with all external and internal personnel
- Ability to withstand moderate physical activity (standing, lifting, walking, bending, stooping over, reaching, etc.)
- Ability to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record is required
- Ability to work flexible hours and in the elements
- Construction materials testing experience preferred
- Punctuality a must
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Other duties may be assigned, or this job description can be modified or amended at any time.
Geotex Engineering provides our employees a culture that is exceptionally responsive and delivers superior quality to our employees and clients alike. Please review the open positions below and apply for positions aligned with your qualifications. We look forward to having your join our team!
Geotex Engineering Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.